|Commitment:||Full Time||Contract Type:||Direct Hire|
Our client in Houston, TX is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their dynamic team. The Purchasing Manager will manage the review and negotiation of all Firm contracts. This includes: working with lawyers to confirm terms and conditions meet Firm requirements, ensuring all vendors are vetted, and working on acquisition summaries prepared by the Firm. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for all purchasing operations within the Purchasing Department and Firm, including all Purchasing Department personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with all purchasing procedures and policies within the Firm.
- Tasked with leading the Purchasing Department and identifying areas for improvement.
- Oversee work completed by the Purchasing Coordinator and Purchasing Specialist.
- Partner with Client Intake Department as needed to ensure smooth vendor vetting procedures.
- Ensure all invoices are processed on time and coded correctly.
- Write up and follow vetting procedures for all contracts and agreements, including SOWs/RFIs/RPFs, for all Firm departments.
- Manage all SOWs/RFIs/RFPs issued by the Firm.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the firm’s lawyers who are able to assist with contract review.
- Share in the budget management for the Expense Budget and Capital Budget.
- Oversee contract database for accuracy and notification alerts.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- SAP software experience required
- 4+ years’ purchasing management experience
- Have the capability and interest to lead a Purchasing Department in a large global organization with diverse purchasing needs.
- Display meticulous attention to detail and follow through.
- Perform tasks with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work with very little direct instruction on every day job tasks.
- Display a high degree of maturity and professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, approaching every interaction with professionalism and reason
- Have the ability to instill confidence in partners and Firm leadership.